Saturday, November 10, 2012
This side dish is a great way to get in your daily serving of veggies. Let's be honest, anything with melted cheese goes over well in my house! I like this dish with a simple grilled white fish or baked chicken.
1T olive oil
2 zucchini, medium, chopped
2 yellow squash, medium, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
1/3 c Mexican cheddar cheese, shredded
1) Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
2) Add zucchini and squash. Cook covered for about ten minutes until vegetables are soft.
3) Fold tomatoes in to the skillet. Cook covered until all are heated through, about five minutes.
4) Sprinkle cheese over vegetables. Allow cheese to melt over the vegetables.
5) Serve immediately while warm.